It's Thanksgiving, and I've just slept about 12 hours, which is one thing I'm very thankful for. But I've been meaning to start this post all week, but I've just been busy or forgetful... soooo
What are you thankful for this year?
- For me, it's been a very very long 2007, and I'm just thankful to be alive, sort of healthy, and to have found my cancer as early as I did.
- I'm thankful to be alive this year, almost 11 months after my diagnosis ( I know alive twice!)
- I'm thankful to have worked for a company to made sure I was always taken care of - and of course, always had an opening for me to return
- For my friends, especially the funny ones, that kept me laughing thru my tears when things got rough
- My family- especially my dad for taking me to every chemo and appointment - and just watching me sleep thru chemo
- My mom for making me chocolate cake when my steroid cravings kicked in
- My dog for taking naps with me this year - a lot of naps!
- For all the people that would email, call, or send me cards and packages to get thru this crap
- To have had such great nurses during treatment, without Tina and Paula, who knows where I'd be now
- To not be in menopause anymore
- To have learned some of my "friends" true colors this year, as painful as it was
- To have met so many amazing people this year all because I got cancer ... especially the Wullster and Veronica, Sandy. and Rosanne (aka Baldylocks)--- but of course, many, many more of you
- For cancer giving me the opportunity to make some great friends, and of course, have an excuse to travel to go visit them -- next stop, Karen in Vegas sometime this winter
- Health insurance REALLY REALLY good health insurance!!
- And, of course, still having some hair is an added bonus!
Okay, I'm sure there's more things for me to add...but for now, it's your turn!