It's Thanksgiving, and I've just slept about 12 hours, which is one thing I'm very thankful for. But I've been meaning to start this post all week, but I've just been busy or forgetful... soooo
What are you thankful for this year?
- For me, it's been a very very long 2007, and I'm just thankful to be alive, sort of healthy, and to have found my cancer as early as I did.
- I'm thankful to be alive this year, almost 11 months after my diagnosis ( I know alive twice!)
- I'm thankful to have worked for a company to made sure I was always taken care of - and of course, always had an opening for me to return
- For my friends, especially the funny ones, that kept me laughing thru my tears when things got rough
- My family- especially my dad for taking me to every chemo and appointment - and just watching me sleep thru chemo
- My mom for making me chocolate cake when my steroid cravings kicked in
- My dog for taking naps with me this year - a lot of naps!
- For all the people that would email, call, or send me cards and packages to get thru this crap
- To have had such great nurses during treatment, without Tina and Paula, who knows where I'd be now
- To not be in menopause anymore
- To have learned some of my "friends" true colors this year, as painful as it was
- To have met so many amazing people this year all because I got cancer ... especially the Wullster and Veronica, Sandy. and Rosanne (aka Baldylocks)--- but of course, many, many more of you
- For cancer giving me the opportunity to make some great friends, and of course, have an excuse to travel to go visit them -- next stop, Karen in Vegas sometime this winter
- Health insurance REALLY REALLY good health insurance!!
- And, of course, still having some hair is an added bonus!
Okay, I'm sure there's more things for me to add...but for now, it's your turn!
You forgot to add "Turkey". I tried for the thanksgiving thing today but it was too much for me. Maybe we'll have some pirogies.
Oh, and I'm thankful for stuff too...but I sure wish I had some turkey.
Dang it............(I love that US saying!!).......I forgot to post yesterday to wish you a happy Thanksgiving, but was so busy just being me I forgot all about the celebrations across the pond! Hope it was all you wanted it to be ( but if you managed to sleep 12 hours, I suspect it definitely was!!)
Only 31 days to Christmas down.........the countdown has begun!!...............xx
As always, I love your witty posts.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Wow... Reading what you are thankful for brought back a flood of memories from when I took Chemo. My husband would always say why should I go with you, you're only going to sleep the whole time? But he would come with me anyways... I love your blog, I found you through Prize Fighter.
Post a Comment